1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com fantasy editor (PT)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Baseball123, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Baseball123

Baseball123 New Member

MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet Company of Major League Baseball is seeking a Fantasy Baseball Editor for a part-time opening.

Description: Shift responsibilities include editing and posting player notes containing the latest baseball news and fantasy analysis. Other responsibilities include monitoring live games and news feeds, updating injury report and closer report, Tweeting breaking news and potentially writing fantasy content.

Required: Thorough knowledge of baseball and several years experience playing fantasy baseball. Strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP style, deadline experience and ability to identify important breaking baseball news.

Preferred: Experience playing daily fantasy baseball. Knowledge of and comfort working with Microsoft Excel and basic HTML.

Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample to: Zachary.Finkelstein@mlb.com. Please indicate the following in the body of your email:

1. How long have you played fantasy baseball? Which formats?
    2. Do you have experience playing daily fantasy baseball?
    3. Do you have experience writing or editing for publication?
    4. Do you have experience with Microsoft Excel or basic HTML?

2. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

anyone apply and/or hear back about this?

3. joeva25

joeva25 New Member

This is the second time I have seen this job posted.

I have applied both times and have 7+ years of fantasy baseball experience.

Haven't received any sort of reply.

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Surely this job would be remote, right? They wouldn't expect you to be in their NY office would they?

5. joeva25

joeva25 New Member

Clearly there are no answers for this opening. I was extremely interested when I first saw it and now I am just wondering if the post was just to get a feel for potential interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted