1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Jun 3, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You responded to a post that talked about how entertaining this WC is, lamenting that teams were losing.

What your jackoff teams are doing or not doing doesn't take away from the fact that this has been a fabulously entertaining WC.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Freezing the online replay at the moment the pass is hit, you can see that the ball is in the darker section of grass and Valbuena is in the lighter section (although that argument assumes the grass was cut straight).

I'm not sure the defender is actually playing him onside, but I think he's on anyway.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, maybe that's why Giggs is so good then. Must have been thinking of Carrick. No, it's not a good point. At all. ALL of the major leagues import foreign talent. It is not unique to the EPL. But ALL of the national teams also are made up primarily of the best players from their domestic league. The only difference is that the major powers have one or two world-class players. England has one, if it's lucky. There is no Muller, Balotelli, Suarez, Benzema, Messi, etc. ... Maybe it is just the makeup of the country and it not adapting to the way the game is played.
    They've had some very good players ... Owen, Walcott, Sturridge come to mind, but Rooney is the only one I would consider great, and he doesn't even seem to be that anymore. I could see the argument that the Drogbas of the world are taking playing time away from the up-and-coming English stars, but it's just not happening. They just aren't good enough.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Brazil should have the best goalies in the world.

[​IMG]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2663328/Six-fingered-Brazilian-family-hopes-bring-national-soccer-team-extra-luck-guns-sixth-World-Cup-title.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow. All the women in that family really are 6s!

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Been a few hours since I've seen that goal, but I think the goal scorer was behind the ball when it was delivered, thus negating an offside call.

8. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

With hands like that, shouldn't they be playing basketball?

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The one in the upper right is a six.

I wonder if they're also Steelers fans.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Holy crap, is that creepy.

12. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Someone forgot to tell Iran that they're supposed to be getting blown out