1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting takedown of Whitlock.....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BrianM, Jun 11, 2014.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Frightening to know you've been trying.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Interesting.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

In with the quick edit, the village ignoramus.
    You have the outside awareness of a houseplant.
    What little you know of the world you learned from the telly or this board.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Fart Boy on the scene, fresh from doing ... nothing with his life!

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't know how you got from there to here but okay, I'll play along. Of course black America had the deck stacked against them for hundreds of years. Anyone not wearing a Klan sheet will stipulate to that. but shaking it off doesn't have to include disrespect and even violence against women, outright hatred against gays and a belief system that tells kids money is everything, education is nothing and by the way, there's nothing wrong with prison ... it even gets you cred -- all courtesy of the worst elements of hip-hop. Not all of it. But more than enough of it.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Some of this strikes me as just anger.

But the idea that "money is everything..." that's not a construct unique to any racial culture -- especially not the poorest demographic in our country. I mean, come on.

7. You can learn a lot about what sits around you in pressboxes by reading some of the stupidity in these posts. Alma, you're wasting your time debating someone who clearly has "read" a lot about hip hop and its effects on black society.

8. I doubt your knowledge level rises much above the board houseplant.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And nowhere in my post do you find anywhere in which I restrict that attiude to one particular demographic group.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Are we talking hip hop or country music? Because the similarities are pretty close.

11. SFR Man

SFR Man New Member

When I think of Whitlock, I will always remember this clip from the Boers and Bernstein show in 2011. Might be the best radio segment I've heard live. For reference, this is following the NFC Championship in which Jay Cutler was injured against Green Bay.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdW%2FdN%2FdG%2FdD%2FWNGD_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561361932526165636_IpgkFUcZ0sSOdd8uIhuSnlvPa4&podcast_name=Jason+Whitlock+on+the+B%26amp%3BB+show&podcast_artist=B%26amp%3BB&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

And corresponding article: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/01/25/cutler-debate-heats-up-boils-over/

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Whatever. Even bringing up it's nonsense. The poorest demographic in America, and <i>they're</i> the ones who think "money is everything?"

Draft saved Draft deleted