1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor/High Schools

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GLee, Jun 10, 2014.

1. GLee

GLee New Member

In the coming days we will be officially posting an opening for assistant sports editor/high schools at the SunSentinel. We are looking to move quickly with this hire. If interested, send resumes to glee@sunsentinel.com

The SunSentinel seeks an assistant sports editor who is responsible for high school sports coverage for the 100 schools in Broward and Palm Beach counties. This editor, based in South Florida, will be in charge of the editorial content for print and digital.
    The successful candidate will be aggressive in breaking news, features, and enterprise stories; create and manage content for the web; promote the Sun Sentinel's coverage through broadcast appearances, and use social media as a journalistic tool.
    We're looking for a versatile, talented editor who knows how to juggle multiple assignments and can conceive and execute good ideas on deadline. Strong digital skills are expected, including the ability to assist in management of high school content on our website. This job will require strong writing and digital skills.

2. RBluhm

RBluhm New Member

This would be a return home and a dream job for me.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Go for it, RBluhm. Good luck to you.

4. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Definitely worth at least throwing my resume into the mix.

5. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

I probably will as well. I just need to pick my best stuff (its a no-brainer but there are probably going to be a lot of apps for this).

6. GLee

GLee New Member

Here is the official link to the opening. https://sunsentinel-tribune.icims.com/jobs/39802/assistant-sports-editor/job

Good luck

Greg

7. nbasarah

nbasarah New Member

Greg, if resume was already sent, do you still want the online application done?

8. GLee

GLee New Member

I would send through the link online. It is the formal process around here.
    Greg

9. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

So who hires an assistant sports editor first -- Indianapolis or Fort Lauderdale?

10. jsimp

jsimp Member

Any updates or decisions made with this position?

11. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

No decision yet, apparently. I've been told they've gotten many applications and that there also may be a strong in-house candidate, but that's all for now.

12. GLee

GLee New Member

We are in the process of interviewing candidates for this position. A decision will be made in the next week or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted