1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you shoot?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Matt Stephens, Mar 24, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Depends who you are covering as to who gets the focus in that shot.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You captured a very nice moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Love.

I also really dig the lacrosse photo.

4. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

'Du, your photos got me feeling nostalgic for the Granite State's borderlands.

Remember this?

[​IMG]

(apologies if i've posted this before)

I just re-read this entire thread, as well as the old photo thread. Love talking about this stuff.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I was shooting for a school photography company that covers the winning team. I was sitting on the field waiting for the kids to rush the goalie when the final whistle blew because they had just scored the game-winner not 30 seconds earlier. The losing team tried one last push but couldn't get a shot off and the kid in red fell to the ground right in front of me.
    I was so focused on the winning team's goalie that I almost missed this kid but luckily I took a second to process the overall picture of what I was seeing and quickly adjusted, shot off a few bursts and managed to get the kid from the winners jumping in the air at the exact right moment.
    I love this pic. :)

6. Songbird

I do remember that day in Quechee. I believe that was one of our combined efforts.

You did a great job for those few months.

This was my action shot for the polo story.

[​IMG]

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I wish that had worked out better. I think there were some good stories waiting for us to tell together. C'est la vie.

Somebody show us a picture! :D

8. schiezainc

Man. I've been so fortunate lately with great championship games going down to the wire and me in perfect position to get lucky reaction shots. Got this one at a softball game today. I was shooting this for our paper and the team in red (our local team) won the championship with a double in the bottom of the seventh inning by the girl smiling. Hope we run this one nice and large. :)

[​IMG]

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I have to shoot a portrait for a feature in the next few days. It's my first assignment in forever. I felt like I'd made some progress with shots last year, but I honestly now forget everything I learned. Meh.

10. Songbird

That is very fucking good, dude.

11. schiezainc

Thanks. I'm not going to lie. I was really happy when I saw that. Totally redeemed what had been kind of a meh effort by me on the day as the field I was shooting at only allowed photographers to stand in one spot on the third base side because of "liability issues."
    I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :)

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does anyone here sell themselves as a sports photographer or outdoor event photographer to soccer moms and others for a few extra bucks?

Does it work? How much do you charge?

Draft saved Draft deleted