1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road to Omaha thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, May 25, 2014.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Kentucky and Louisville hate each other in almost everything, and baseball is becoming very heated rivalry.

After Louisville guy went low on a player at home earlier, that same UK guy just plows Louisville guy over to get revenge on a double play at the plate and gets ejected.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's, what, six or seven ejections in this regional round?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And a bench-clearing altercation. Can't think of the last time I've seen that in the postseason.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You could have given me 100 guesses and I wouldn't have thrown it out that UVA and Maryland's last meaningful game as ACC members would be in baseball with a trip to Omaha on the line.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Florida and Florida State fans can't even make fun of each other, since both of them did a massive belly-flop at home. The Gators and Seminoles were the only host teams to go winless.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

TCU is a fun team to watch. I'll have to make it down there for their super regional against Pepperdine.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Capacity crowd in Tallahassee with Seminoles eliminated:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching the Indiana-Stanford game is like staring at a bowl of peppermints.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They haven't even announced dates and times yet, but the Charlottesville Super Regional is sold out.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sad to see the dream of a Mississippi State-Ole Miss super regional go up in flames, but kudos to Louisiana-Lafayette. They lose 1-0 to Jackson State, then score 39 runs in their next four games. That's what you call a comeback.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

BANG!

Stanford with the walk-off two-run homer to stun national seed Indiana.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As of right now, only three national seeds still standing and a fourth (Oregon State) is tied in the sixth inning of an elimination game. Viva le parity!

Draft saved Draft deleted