1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Louie" on FX — Anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell if Todd Barry was being serious or not ... the second one was such great typical Louie-getting-himself-in-some-bullshit-jam ... loved it. Show kind of speaks to me, for some reason. I've never punched a woman who tickled me, tho.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think Buck may not like this show.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

At some point, there's a line between funny/edgy and too much. Every person's line is at a different spot. What went down in the second episode crossed my funny line.

4. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/showbiz/tv/louis-ck-fat-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

5. jr/shotglass

Just a fantastic episode. She damn near gave me goosebumps during her monologue.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I read so many pieces about that yesterday. Most called it courageous, some said it rang hollow because Louie wrote the monologue.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It was phenomenal.

Also, what's your bang bang?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Here's the full clip.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117756/louis-cks-lecturing-women-and-louies-fat-girl-speech

9. jr/shotglass

Does Sunday brunch where you just keep eating count? I might move from the kitchen table to the couch ...

10. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Barbecue/IHOP was the nastiest bang-bang. God, they were all gross.

Draft saved Draft deleted