1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And what a save Taran made with the Tommy flub as Jebediah. It shows he has the improv experience the got on Nick Cannon's MTV show.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I guess I should start running from the Beygency. Can't stand her vastly overrated music.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That was hilarious... I laughed my ass off at how he got out of that.

And I guess in a nod to the bathroom humor of my youth, the Stanx commercial was pretty damn funny. I loved the ending.

This was a pretty damn good show tonight.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Where for art thou Chris Hansen" and "it killed in the balcony" - Jebediah Atkinson always brings it. Garfield and Coldplay though, didn't really register.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Best thing about Garfield, outside of Beygency, was bringing Emma Stone along for the ride.

Frankly, I wouldn't have known him to fall over him.

Speaking of Emma Stone, if you haven't seen this, you should. Go straight to the 1:45 mark.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Perhaps the best WU since Jost joined, but mostly due to Barbara Walters and Drunk Uncle. Would have been fantastic if they could have gathered all of the SNL people who have done Walters - of course, none were as good as Radner.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

she did a super job with this.

8. nietsroob17

The Tourists film was good, but everything else was crap, aside from the sheer stupidity of the exploding whales.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I liked the mom game show sketch.

10. jr/shotglass

I thought the cat sketch was one of the best in quite a while. Theron is great doing weird, and MacKinnon was the best possible cast member to play off it.

11. nietsroob17

That was 10 cameos by my count, though I may have missed some in the second SNL film. And you just know they would've had Timberlake on if he was around.

12. jr/shotglass

Easily the best opening "monologue" of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted