1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor- Lake Geneva, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, May 9, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1519074

Company: Lake Geneva Regional News
    Position:
    Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Job ID: 1519074

Description:

WANTED: Sports editor for the best weekly of its size in the state of Wisconsin in pristine Lake Geneva. The Lake Geneva Regional News is seeking an energetic sports editor who loves the game and deadline journalism. Coverage includes all area sports. You’ll be a one person sports department, so you get to run your own ship. Writing, editing, photography, page design. We’ll provide a great learning experience in an atmosphere where everyone works together and wants to be the best they can be. Full-time. Fringe-benefits. Immediate opening. Send resume, cover letter, clips to John Halverson, Lake Geneva Regional News, PO Box 937, Lake Geneva WI 53147 or email to jhalverson@lakegenevanews.net

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Home of Dungeons & Dragons.

That's all I got.

3. Decadent

Decadent New Member

Ah. The old ploy of: "You get to do everything. But you'll be your own boss!"

4. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

My family visits this area each summer. Beautiful. There's a downtown with a park, boat dock, some little shops, and the most popular restaurant turns into a bar. There's also a DQ. Abbey Springs has a nice golf course, too.

The lake is gorgeous. I expect cost of living is high, though.

5. Schottey

Schottey Member

Not to offend anyone, but 20-25K, really? I know the area a little bit, and it's not like Lake Geneva is some bustling metropolis where you can supplement that income with freelance work.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Don't you qualify for foodstamps and section 8 at 20-25?

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

That's pretty much par for the course nowadays.

8. Decadent

Decadent New Member

"It's that way EVERYWHERE" -- another piece of well-trodden ground.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, while Lake Geneva is a resort/vacation area, you can live in plenty of areas that are not high-cost-of-living. Many of the homes on the lake itself are the playgrounds of millionaires, most of the locals themselves are simple, middle-class folks.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

11. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Last note: I went to the movie theater at a neighboring town to see the newest "Miami Vice." Something screwy happened to the film, and I think it started the movie about 40 minutes in. Very weird. Not a good movie, anyway.

12. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Reposted on JJobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1519074

Company: Lake Geneva Regional News
    Position:
    Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000

Description:

WANTED: Sports editor for the best weekly of its size in the state of Wisconsin in pristine Lake Geneva. The Lake Geneva Regional News is seeking an energetic sports editor who loves the game and deadline journalism. Coverage includes all area sports. You’ll be a one person sports department, so you get to run your own ship. Writing, editing, photography, page design. We’ll provide a great learning experience in an atmosphere where everyone works together and wants to be the best they can be. Full-time. Fringe-benefits. Immediate opening. Send resume, cover letter, clips to John Halverson, Lake Geneva Regional News, PO Box 937, Lake Geneva WI 53147 or email to jhalverson@lakegenevanews.net

Draft saved Draft deleted