1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at the level of Tony's paranoia. He has two freaking immunity idols, for pete's sake. Great job by Spencer and Tasha in using that paranoia, though.

Tasha is playing a terrific game. I'd like to see Tony, Spencer and Tasha stick together to get rid of the other two women, but I assume Tony realizes Spencer and Tasha are also the ones that would have a shot at beating him in the end so will stick with his alliance the rest of the way.

I think Tony wins if he gets to the finals, no matter who else is with him. He would probably be my least favorite winner ever.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I get real annoyed by players like Tony who play the game real hard but then get annoyed when others do the same.
    Why was it OK for him to look for the idol, but not Spencer?
    I agree that he will beat anyone in his alliance but lose to Tash or Spencer.
    But who wins is those three are voted out?

3. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

What is up with Kass's condescending attitude toward Spencer? Is she really still holding it against him that he was a little nasty to her the night she flipped? I think Spencer has played pretty well considering his back has been against the wall since then. Same with Tash. But Kass seems to hold quite a bit of disdain for Spencer, or maybe it's just all 20-somethings.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Huh? Two?

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

He's had the special idol that he can play after a vote, making it impossible to blindside him (the first time, anyway). In last night's auction, he got the clue that helped him find a regular immunity idol.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was funny that they teased next week's as "Everybody is finally on board with getting rid of Tony."

He has two idols and one of them he doesn't have to play until after the vote. He has nothing to worry about for at least two weeks.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was a masterstroke by Tasha and Spencer. Tasha was smart enough to know that simply hanging around the other women would perk up Tony's radar and Spencer did a great job selling him on the potential alliance.

I think Jefra sealed her own fate when she admitted to considering voting out Tony. She should have denied it and simply pounded home the fact that Spencer was desperate. But that would have required her to finally start playing the game, which she never did.

I think this was the first mistake that Tony has made that can cost him. Not sure Trish and Kass are going to forgive being left out a second time, which might force Tony and Woo to stick with Spencer and Tasha. If the final three are Tony, Spencer and Tasha, it would be quite a tossup.

Had Tony stayed with his alliance, he was guaranteed to make the final four, because he would have played his idols at the next two tribals, and if he made the final three, it would have been against some combination of Woo, Trish, Kass or Jefra. He would have beaten all four unanimously. The only people left who can beat him are Tasha and Spencer.

That said, he made a comment a few episodes ago about keeping someone (I forget who) because they deserve to be there. It's possible Tony is the type who wants the final three to include people who "deserve it," rather than facing two people he knows he can beat.

8. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

If he had gone along with his alliance, there would have been four women left against two men and both Tony and Woo would've been screwed. Tony would have used his special idol and probably given his regular one to Woo at the next tribal, but after that he would've been toast.

9. bigpern23

No way in hell Tony is giving up an idol to anyone else at this point.

If Tony had stuck with his alliance of five, he would have been safe at the next two tribals, bringing him to the final four (where the idol can no longer be used anyway). At that point, he has to win the final immunity challenge or strike a deal with whomever does to get to the final three. My guess is Woo and Trish would have stayed loyal to him and they would have been the final three.

As of now, assuming Tony and Woo stick with Tasha and Spencer, Tony is still safe until the final four and has to either win final immunity and or strike a deal to bounce Woo (which might be a hard sell considering Woo has no shot of winning).

So Tony is in the same position either way, except he just pissed off three more members of the jury by going for another blindside of his own alliance.

I think it was a mistake, unless Trish and Kass take Tony and Woo back.

Side note: It's amazing that three members of the original Brains tribe are still in the game.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could see the others forcing the issue and making Tony play an idol (of course, he can't put everyone's name down so they have an 80 percent chance of sticking around). Jeffra would win against Tony, so she was going eventually. I wouldn't want to sit next to Tasha or Spencer. I don't understand Kass's arrogance - she hasn't done much and she acts like she's playing a great game. She and Trish would lose to everyone left.

And instead of saving the "advantage" for the last item of the auction - they would be better off stashing it in one of the food items, so players had no idea when it might show up and a less appetizing item might be just as valuable as something better.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

They should retire the immunity idol after this season.

12. bigpern23

There's no reason for the others to even consider voting for Tony at this point. They may as well just let him keep the idols as souvenirs. He's got two and only two tribals left to use them. Voting for him serves no purpose, except it could get you voted out.

I agree on the advantage. It would have been cool if it had been under the red cover that Kass passed up and Trish bought for $20. They say the auction could end at any time, but doesn't it always end after the advantage is sold? I was surprised when Tasha didn't bid on it to draw rocks.

Draft saved Draft deleted