1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I watch Trophy Wife, too, mainly because nothing else at that time grabs me. Not too surprised it's in trouble, though.

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hope I am not confusing my shows here, but did not see NBC's "Hollywood Game Night" hosted by Jane Lynch, on here. Anybody know its fate....?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The only shows I watch on the "looking not so good" list are "The Crazy Ones," "Nashville" and "Trophy Wife."

I actually thought The Crazy Ones had already been canceled. I don't really "watch" Nashville in that I think 9 episodes are currently on my DVR. I love Trophy Wife, though, but that could be largely due to my long love of Bradley Whitford.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm slowly killing off my watching of TeeVee....lost two shows to ending this year (HIMYM & Psych!) and am trying to transition into watching movies and documentaries.

Between having a kid and not a lot of time and getting older and not giving a shit about pop culture anymore, I'm slowly recessing into caring only about history...and beer....

...and I feel fine! :)

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

ABC really should have done a better job of making that clear. I still haven't watched the episode, but it really should have begun with a big spoiler alert.

As I mentioned on the "Last movie you watched" thread, I really wanted to see The Winter Soldier opening weekend because I knew Agents of SHIELD would spoil it. The website, Newsarama, which focuses on comics and other media related to comics, had a post about it (I only read the headline, just because I didn't want to see the spoilers).

Then I completely forgot to watch Agents of SHIELD and still haven't bothered to look for it online. I don't hate the show, but it certainly isn't worth spoiling a damn good movie to see it. I still find it very disappointing.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just watched the Agents of SHIELD episode, "Turn, Turn, Turn." Absolutely spoils the hell out of The Winter Soldier.

That said, I thought it was the best episode of the series so far, particularly the ending. The ratings are still weak, but they may have finally done enough to hook me.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I feel like Community and Parks & Rec are both fading hard. Don't consider either much-watch anymore.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Community is just out of ideas.

Parks and Rec still got me this week.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"Surviving Jack" is as close as network TV will let us get to "Psycho Dad."

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Binge watched Blacklist this weekend.

Good show.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was trying to avoid FX's Fargo because I've just got too many shows going right now (and baseball on top of that), but the reviews have been so damn good I guess I'm going to have to watch the premiere tomorrow.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Got around to watching the Justified finale last night. It was solid, and more importantly set up the final season to be an awesome showdown between Boyd and Raylan. While I'll be sad to see the characters go, I think it's the right decision to make the next season the last one.

Draft saved Draft deleted