1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 College basketball coaching carousel thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Cal is tight with LeBron. Just sayin' That would help the rebuild a little. And I believe he is going to L.A.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That would make for a great argument.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have no idea where LeBron will play next season, but most of the articles seem to indicate that the Lakers are expected to be in the mix. I could see him wanting to play with Kobe for a year. I could also see the idea of taking a Lakers team that is in the shitter and instantly turning them into a favorite immediately would appeal to him.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wouldn't almost half the teams in the league (anyone who is not a real contender)? Who wouldn't want young talent?

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Based on what I saw Sunday against the Clips, the Lakers need a lot more than just LeBron and whatever is left of Kobe to become competitive, let alone a favorite.

6. Mizzougrad96

It's pretty difficult to gauge much about a non-contender this late in the season. I'm not saying they're tanking, but they're not exactly giving their all either. It's why there are so many blowouts this time of year even when a matchup seems like an even one.

If LeBron winds up in LA next season, I would be surprised if they're anything worse than a No. 4 or No. 5 seed next season. Also, if LeBron goes to any team, there will be others who will follow.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not that many others, especially if he went to the Lakers with Kobe -- how much cap room would be left after those two?

At this point in their careers, why would LeBron pack up and move cross country to become Kobe's house guest? If they had it in their heads they wanted to play together, I suspect LBJ would tell Kobe, "You're coming to Miami to play for the veteran minimum."

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I just spent several days in LA listening to a lot of Lakers coverage and I heard exactly zero commentators say Lebron is a Laker option.

9. Mizzougrad96

There's been very little said about him going anywhere. I'm not sure why. Maybe he's telling people he wants to stay in Miami. I don't think the Knicks have the cap room this year.

I know the Lakers have the cap room. The Clippers would have to do a sign-and-trade if they wanted him. There were the LeBron for Griffin rumors awhile back, probably nothing to it... I don't see him going back to Cleveland.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Cuonzo Martin to Cal.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They always had Jerry Buss when this happened previously.

They don't have Jerry Buss anymore.

12. Mizzougrad96

Wow. I wasn't following the search that closely, but I don't remember seeing that he'd interviewed. I remember seeing Musselman and thinking that sounded like a typical Cal hire (not necessarily a bad thing) and I heard the Richmond coach mentioned, but I don't remember seeing anything about Martin.

Draft saved Draft deleted