1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The multiverse apparently exists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So ...

This is kind of a huge deal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/science/space/detection-of-waves-in-space-buttresses-landmark-theory-of-big-bang.html?src=me&ref=general

I haven't had time to sit down and get the science precisely down yet, but apparently the bottom line is that the "inflation" theory of the universe has been proven correct, which apparently leads to the notion that there are universes we can't see and can never locate. (Like I said, I'm not exactly sure how one thing leads to the next, but it apparently does.)

From the first time I read about the multiverse theory, I have hoped that it's true, because it means that when life inevitably is extinguished in this universe - when the universe itself is extinguished, inevitably - business as usual will likely go on elsewhere.

That's really comforting.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's where Flight 370 is.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Another report about what some are calling the most significant scientific discovery in decades:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/03/bicep-physics-shakeup/

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here's the moment when the news was delivered to the physicist that his theory had been proven.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"We'll be there soon."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

So, universe where I'm married to Jessica Alba exists?

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Yeah, but in that universe she put on 50 pounds and quit shaving as soon as she got the ring.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Old news. DC knew there was a multiverse decades ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted