1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best fictional sporting event

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The show ALWAYS goes on.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BS. They showed him biting the dude's arm. That was real.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did someone mention Katniss Everdeen?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This is the one I was thinking about as I read the first page of this thread.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wasn't that match the main event of the show? I'd guess it would have gone on last. Ram dies, show's over, everyone leaves in tears.

6. old_tony

The East German team's performance in The Sex Olympics in the movie The Groove Tube.

"What a fine probe!"

7. old_tony

Sergei Akmudov attempting to clean-and-jerk 1500 pounds at the All-Drug Olympics.

http://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-drug-olympics-000000571.html

8. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

OK, poker's not really a sport, but Mike McD in Rounders taking down Teddy KGB, ends up back where he started from with three stacks of high society.

Scott opting not to wolf out as the Beavers beat the Dragons on a pair of foul shots with no time remaining.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't think they specified it. Just from having watched wrestling for a long time, that seems like it might be upper mid-card. It's a nostalgia/special attraction match, not one you build an entire card around.

Another thing that bugged me in that movie was the first match they show the Ram wrestling. The promoter runs down the card and says, "Ram and So-and-So ... for the strap."
    Yet you never see a title belt anywhere during or after that match. And Ram wins clean. So is he the champion of whatever little indy fed that was? It's never referenced again.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Looney Tunes vs. Mon-stars

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dang, Huggy, you beat me to it!

[​IMG]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2JsACs1pw

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

But it was a dream.