1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Sports Writer -- ETSN.fm (Tyler, Texas)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by chase.colston, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It means a lot to us to hear all the compliments about ETSN.

Wicked, you're correct. We just added 71 stations in 15 markets around the country, which made it 126 stations we've acquired from Cumulus since 2012.

We're private, viable and growing. Saying this job is stable would be an understatement.

2. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Just want to move this up to say I'm accepting applications through the weekend. I'll start the narrowing down/interview process next week.

Thanks!

3. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Just bumping this to let everyone know I've narrowed down to a final few candidates for phoners and interviews.

Thanks to everyone who applied. If you applied you should have gotten a response back. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

4. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

One more bump on this.

Can't announce the name yet, but we've made our hire.

Thanks again to everyone who applied. Hopefully I responded to everyone personally who emailed their stuff to me. If not, my sincere apologies.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Congrats to the hire. Best of luck.

Edit: Just now read through the full job posting. Probably one of the best-written postings I've ever seen. That was great.

6. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

I guess you don't like bootstrappin'

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

One question - if the name is East Texas Sports Network, how does that square with having El Paso as a market?

Just wondering.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

East Texas Sports Network is one outlet of Townsquare media, which has radio stations and websites all over the country, including several all over Texas. El Paso is part of Townsquare, but not ETSN.

9. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Jake got it. Townsquare Media owns radio stations in 66 markets. ETSN is part of our Tyler-Longview market.

And now that he's made it official, so can I. We've hired Mike Graham, who has spent the last three years covering Texas Tech for Rivals/RedRaiderSports.com.

Thrilled to have Mike part of our team.

Thank you again to all who applied.

Draft saved Draft deleted