1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I hate most Presidents Day commercials until I saw Honda's slow jam with Lincoln and Washington. Who's your founding father?

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I like the Chevy Cruze diesel ad, playing on the "Cheers" theme.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

The one with the old lady putting her photos on the wall of her house cracks me up. Have no idea what they advertise, but "I'll unfriend you" followed by "That's not how this works; that's not how any of this works" is funny to me.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Kraft Macaroni, Ninja Turtles, and Vanilla Ice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lT1oOU7b4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_-lT1oOU7b4

Plus, I like the Fiat commercial in which two ladies change in the back of the car. The reveal is awesome.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This YouTube video has a date from last August, but I just saw this commercial for the first time tonight.

For Extra gum, a father and his daughter and little origami birds made from the wrappers. Very, very heartwarming.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd say I like a Walmart* commercial, but the one with Working Man can play a hundred more times. It is a little funny they use a song by a Canadian group to say they're investing in American workers. Maybe they mean North American workers.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From a creative standpoint, it's awesome.

From a ROI standpoint, it's terrible; it wasn't until I'd seen it three times that I realized the ad is NOT from GEICO, but, instead, from a competitor. And just like you, I don't remember which competitor.

Ad fail.

8. old_tony

The "commercials that get on your nerves" thread is still going strong, and people seem to be using that thread for commercials they like, too. Well, I'm going to revive this one so folks don't have to do that.

The current Subaru Legacy commercial with the little kid flash-forwarding to all the hassles of adulthood is great. The little kid really does great at being annoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvqpAT9YQk

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That is pretty good. Haven't seen it before.

I really like the Dunkin Donuts spot with the black couple, with the husband picking up his wife. She gets in the car ... "Were you eating smoked sausage in here?" (Mouth full) "No, no" (She holds up bag, annoyed) "You could have gotten me one" (Sheepishly holding u the crumpled wrapper) "I did"

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7M_O/dunkin-donuts-smoked-sausage-breakfast-sandwich-i-did

10. old_tony

Interesting that State Farm has brought back two different Late '80s-Early '90s SNL skits back for their commercials -- Hans and Franz with Aaron Rodgers. and Rob Schneider's The RichMeister.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Daaaa Bears was quite popular. Toonces would be a good one for them.

12. old_tony

Ah, you are correct. So that makes it three former SNL skits they've resurrected.

Draft saved Draft deleted