1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same Sex Couple Intro'd On Disney Channel Sitcom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jan 29, 2014.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Your kids see that? Have you considered moving?

Like those of several others on this thread, our kids don't think twice about same-sex couples. It's a non-thing.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It must be difficult to endure your kids seeing gay people as non-contemptible human beings.

Even more difficult because of the government-required cable TV subscription.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How is this "forcing an agenda" on anybody? Do their TVs only get one channel?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's like SJ when people complain about threads.

5. Inky_Wretch

Ah, that makes sense. Carry on.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not at all. My kid doesn't watch TV. Just pointing out what a ridiculously stupid statement that was. If you're gonna use that as the measuring stick for what's ok on children's TV, it's gonna be a real shitfest.

7. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

GLAAD didn't apparently think so about "Duck Dynasty" and A&E.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Never mind that you compared gay couples to drug dealers and killers.

The point is same-sex couples are seen in real life and kids should learn acceptance as early as possible. I doubt anyone would argue we need to teach kids to accept and not be fearful of drug dealers or killers.

9. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

By the trend on this earlier, parents can also ban their kids from watching Disney. Until, that is, the government tells parents how to parent...well, uh oh.....

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They are all ugly. I am starting to assume that the lipstick thing is a hollywood fantasy. And go to your Home Depot on Saturdays. You'll see the lesbians and gays. They take great care of their houses.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know you're joking, but how many sitcoms on network TV have non-animated families where the parents are married (not second or third marriages) where it's husband-wife and kids?

The Middle
    Last Man Standing
    Modern Family (Dunphys would qualify, even if the other two parts don't)
    The Neighbors
    The Goldbergs
    Michael J. Fox Show

I'm sure there are others...

Disney Channel has Good Luck Charlie and Liv and Maddie that fit that category. Jesse has married parents who barely appear on the show. Crash and Bernstein has married parents, but the father was never mentioned until the second season.

The only reason the Good Luck Charlie thing made news is because it's the Disney Channel.

12. Inky_Wretch

Ah, the "they did it first" excuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted