1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did you think in 1998?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

"Why in the world is Lloyd Carr starting Tom Brady over Drew Henson? Can't he see that only one of them is an NFL-caliber quarterback?"

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Good call. I remember plenty of voices baffled by that back then.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Probably the same thing people thought when they bought their $450,000 home hoping it would be worth $500,000 in sixth months.

Shit's just too good to be true sometimes.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ahh... '98 was a fun year.
    It was the only year of my teenage/adult life where I was "single". In '97 I broke up with my fiancee and in '99 I met my future wife...but '98 was the sweet spot.

A lot of laughs reading this.

I do remember some story about how the balls were "juiced" and they may have been wound tighter or that the core was bouncier. I wish I could remember even a bit to find the source...I'm sure the guy that wrote that is banging his head against the wall.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Katie Holmes is a much better actress than Michelle Williams.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm going to pork that redhead in the corner, tonight. Watch this.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey now, Disco Inferno was awesome.
    As for Alex Wright, all I've got to say is those Germans sure can boogie down.

[​IMG]

8. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

I was a huge fan of both...I guess personality trumped ability when I was 13. I downloaded both for my WCW roster in WWE '13.

Also, shoutout to La Parka, Kaz Hayashi, Ernest "The Cat" Miller and El Dandy.

After all...

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"Ability."

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When the Andro was found in McGwire's locker I thought that explained it. I'd seen a lot of kids I knew really bulk up on either that or creatine and I was seriously considering using it myself until it became clear that my best route to a college sports was as a middle distance runner and not a football or basketball player.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

GNC was the hot store for most high school athletes in my area in 1998. Some were using Creatine, a lot more were buying those bulk buckets of whey protein and other "muscle-enhancing" supplements. I had no idea, then or now, if any of it worked. But none of us made the majors, if that means anything. (It doesn't; we all sucked.)

12. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Yeah, that digital camera is really cool, but how come that card is so big and it can only store about 15 shots?

Draft saved Draft deleted