1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com fantasy golf

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Former champ Putting From The Rough is back, looking to reclaim some past glory!

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Bushwood Country Club will try to remember to set its lineup every week (unlike last year).

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Fists of Furyk is back to defend its title.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Bump.

Club Golfo Dominicano is in.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Holy shit are there some old-timers in this week's field or what?

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And your 2009 champion and 2012 runner-up Brokeback Branam is in.

Cosmo, the mulligan function isn't activated. Can you trigger it?

7. Vombatus

I find this yahoo golf to be the toughest fantasy game that I play. To those of you who have won the league, Congrats. I am usually impressed and humbled by the scores some of you put up each week.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have tried to activate the mulligan function several times and it won't let me do it. I have no idea why.

EDIT: Just tried it again, and it worked. That was weird. Mulligan setting activated!

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

2012 champ Major Disasters is back after a disappointing 2013 campaign.
    This is one of my sneaky favorite things to play. I find myself watching more golf than I have in the past. Just wish I had more buddies who would play so I could sucker them into doing a league for money.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I played in two Yahoo golf leagues using the same teams. I finished third in the SportsJournalists.com loop, just crushed the opposition in a league formed by a guy I know and his golf-loving buddies. The SportsJournalists.com crowd is very tough, little room for error or a bad week or two.

11. Vombatus

Well, SHIT.

I selected my team over my smartphone yesterday. Looked at the scorecard today on a computer, and I wound up with 7 out of 8 players ineligible (not playing) this week. I know it is Champions week, but I thought I selected reasonable players and didn't realize the Yahoo list was populated with oodles of ineligibles.

I am taking my mulligan obviously. What a pantload.

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

It's not too late to re-start the league this year, is it?

Draft saved Draft deleted