1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you ever just want to...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Nov 19, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm driving to work today and am at a major intersection of a major US city and a woman crosses the street in front of me wearing a full-on Burka. Head to toe and face covered. I got the urge to give her the Wolf Whistle. I wanted to but didn't have it in me to do it. I so want to do it.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How classy.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What he said.
    And no, to answer your question.

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I want to find a way to unclick this thread, but I can't.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Abbott, I want to thank you for not whistling. I have a hard enough time seeing out of the burka, I really hate having to turn and look at people whistling at me while I'm in a crosswalk.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

... hug 3_Octave_Fart?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think about acting like an asshole sometimes, but usually I don't.

8. Scream at the top of your lungs out of frustration.

Covered my last BOE meeting tonight. Four hours worth of minuatie, including waiting through an hour and half exec. session.. Last week was three and half hours of the same crap.
    Afterwards, I screamed in my truck at the top of my lungs for five minutes until I was hoarse.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Years ago I covered a meeting -- school board, city council, something like that -- and the board/council went into executive session. There wasn't another room where they could meet, so everyone else was kicked out. We wait in the parking lot for an hour or so, and then the board/council members start leaving. They had finished executive session and re-convened in open session, but just forgot to tell anyone. Just a little frustrating.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I once covered a village board meeting in which the mayor and board members, village attorney, a few others were having a debate over something really stupid and miniscule (I don't remember what it was now). It went on for over an hour, and even though the answer was pretty obvious, at least to me, naturally, I couldn't say anything because I'm there covering it.

Board meeting finally ends, everyone's walking out, and I'm making small-talk with one of the board members. After a couple of minutes, the conversation turns to the meeting and how long it went, and, I say, "Why didn't you guys just do X and Y and the problem might have been solved?"

He looked at me with a stunned look. "None of us thought of that, you're right. Why didn't you speak up?" I told him I was there as a reporter, and he nodded his head.

Next board meeting, the mayor says that he was chatting with the board member and they had a solution to their little problem, which, coincidentally enough, was the same idea I had. Everyone was happy and voted to approved it. Board member looks at me, and gives me a big smile.

That first meeting, though, after about 10 minutes of meandering debate, made me want to scream out "JUST DO X and Y!!! Problem solved!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted