1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef New Orleans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 28, 2013.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Same here. Seems in previous seasons, the good guys and the villians had made themselves known by this point in the game and it was easier to get into it every week. This season seems to have a couple of annoying people, but a pretty vanilla group as a whole.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just caught up last night. I was sad that the Goddess of All Things Cooking was booted, but an Aussie screwing up shrimp?? It was deserved...le sigh. But good to see that the GOATC is kicking butt in LCK.

As to the villain issue....the good possibilities are getting the boot, like the douchebag Philly cook and the New Orleans cook that was getting on the nerves on the cook from the Caribbean. They're not letting blatant nincompoops like Josie last season and Max of the missing pea puree scandal last a few weeks to bug everyone. The Caribbean cook is being edited to go far; I think that her being paired with the one who really screwed up kept it from being a double elimination.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The 'who took the yellow beets' deal may be getting some play down the road:

https://twitter.com/MPLSChefSara

Watching, just can't get into it. Glad the dude last night got whacked.

4. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Aussie lass now 3-for-3 in Last Chance Kitchen.

Tom C. looks smitten.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Janine Booth: Big fan now.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Louis?

Really?

Nick bugs me now.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nick has always bugged me.
    What a complete tool

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Nick is being very whiny lately. Seems like he's paranoid about people messing with his shit.

I was very excited about this season, but it's kind of fallen flat for me. I still watch it, but I find myself fast-forwarding through a lot of the competition because it's the same old "Oh no, I'm in the weeds, I think I'm going home......Congratulations you had our favorite dish."

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nick's been whining all season.
    He has to be among the most unlikeable people they've ever had on the show.

Carlos was wrong to say Nick took his oven.
    Carlos was wrong to forget to clean Nick's knife after borrowing it.
    But Nick is still the worst.

'Anybody touches my pots - we're going to have a problem!'
    Carlos should've said 'I have to cook, and I'll touch what I have to touch, tough guy.'

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I haven't seen this week's ep yet, but of the ones who were left going into that one, Nina's really the only one who I like as a person.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking she's going to win it. She's been solid.

Louis in LCK could be a contender though. He's racked up some wins.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can anybody explain Bravo's rationale on using subtitles on Carlos? One sentence gets it, the next one doesn't. Sometimes his whole speech gets it. Sometimes none of it does.

I don't understand it all, mainly because I don't have a difficult time understanding him.

Draft saved Draft deleted