1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef New Orleans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm glad that guy's gone. Seems like a real tool.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For sure, and I'm with you, because that means more screen time for the Aussie. :) I'm just surprised, is all.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Puerto Rican girl won't be around long, but it sounded like Tom was just dumbfounded that she would put an out-of-season tomato on her tuna slider.
    With the blonde guy, Tom made a point at judge's table to say there was not only a problem with making the hand roll in advance (obviously his biggest problem) but also there was something wrong with the content of the hand roll. I don't recall exactly how Tom phrased it.

I still the Puerto Rican girl was going home because they've been giving the blond guy the most screen time.

4. dooley_womack1

Agreed, especially since the gal was on the bottom last week, too. She could be this season's Josie, who hangs on much longer than you'd ever thought she would. Also, the tomato was as ridiculed as the iced dashi was last week, so I was assuming a trend.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I thought the girl should have gone, but I was OK with the surfer guy going. A little too cocky for my liking.

But my WTF moment of the show was the guy from Galatoire's being on the bottom of the quickfire for not being able to pull off a gumbo. How are you a chef at Galatoire's and you mess up a gumbo?

6. dooley_womack1

Golfers sometimes miss 2-inch putts, too. Can't take anything for granted.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't care how cocky he was, he was DELICIOUS. And I'm sad.

8. dooley_womack1

He's no Punto, tho.

9. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Waiting for Drew Brees & the Saints to make an appearance

10. brettwatson

Any thoughts on the blonde Aussie bombshell and what transpired on last show/Last Chance Kitchen?

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

What happened in LCK? Does Dooley have reason to go on?

You had to know when the one guy kept blabbing about his great knowledge of Vietnamese food that he was taking his team down in flames.

There isn't anyone I love or anyone I particularly hate yet. The show has been a bit dull for me so far.

12. brettwatson

Not to ruin the Last Chance Kitchen suspense but the Aussie gets a chance to redeem herself for screwing up the shrimp so badly.

Draft saved Draft deleted