1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Yellfest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Nirvana is obviously in, and The Mats should be, and should have been a long time ago.

I'd put in NWA, Cats Stevens, Peter Gabriel and Deep Purple. KISS if you have to, but I thought they sucked. Chic could be deserving, but I don't know a ton about them except for that one song.

I'm more interested in influence artists had than hits. I like the Zombies, but don't seem real influential. Which is why I can't believe the Rascals and those of their ilk made it in before.

Still waiting for Husker Du to get in as well. And of course the Pixies, they should be eligible, wasn't Come On Pilgrim in 1987?

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I love going to the Rock Hall. First place I went to when I moved to that area in 2000. Always have cool temporary exhibits, like the Lennon one years ago. Haven't been in a long while.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Went there in the late 90s on a trip with my dad that also included the Football HoF in Canton. Rock HoF was cool, though the "no pictures" rule does suck.

Of the national halls of fame I've been to, I'd rank them as baseball, rock, basketball (the previous building, so things were a bit outdated) and football. Some may put football higher, but football's just not my favorite sport compared to baseball and basketball.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

May I start by saying how thrilled we are to have you here. We are such fans of your music and all of your records. I'm not speaking of yours personally, but the whole genre of the rock and roll.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, with ABBA in there, why the hell not?

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

While I don't think that he should be in the hall I will say that he puts on a fantastic show. I had freebie tix and was blown away by how professional and serious he was as a performer, especially for a spoof artist.

I met him after the show and to borrow a wrestling term, the man lived his gimmick. I was with a girl who did not know the Weird Al ouevre and said in all seriousness that "that guy is fucking wierd".

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I find some people's lack of faith in Hall & Oates disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Outstanding. :)

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's a Mensa nerd. That's his shtick and his life.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

His Al TV bits in the early days of MTV were awesome.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

What if Kiss and Hall and Oates make it? Do they do "Your Kiss is on my List" during the jam session?

12. Frylock

Frylock Member

Are we ever going to see any synthpop bands get in? I supposed Kraftwerk would get in before any other electronic/synth type bands, but Depeche Mode should get in, IMO

Draft saved Draft deleted