1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Watch Bama left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio (No. 71):

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Miller has zero shot. Missed too many games & frankly, not playing near as well as last season. May well be because of lingering knee issues....but he's not the same.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

You did watch Pac-10 games back in the days of Gordon Reese, right? Agreed that the current officials aren't much to write home about, but they used to be worse.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

That was setting up to be a classic. And then the fourth quarter happened.
    I believe Halladay threw four passes in the fourth quarter. Three went to the Beavers.
    At least Ol' Crimson made quite the entrance at ESPN GameDay.
    Call it a wild guess, but I'm thinking Saturday at Autzen will be ugly.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In keeping with Mizzou tradition, the Tigers will beat Florida and South Carolina then lose to Tennessee and Kentucky.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with that (tho losing to Kentucky would be realll hard to imagine happening).

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Jaguars beat the spread and hold Denver to less than 40 points. Moral victory?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but a loss for you: wrong thread.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Oops. My bad.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

And don't forget the undefeated University of Houston!!!

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not totally dismissing him (or anyone). But he's sort of the last resort. After all the stuff that happened in the offseason, it did not sit well with a lot of people. Lot of people want him to be humbled a bit.

Besides, if you are looking at team accomplishments, we've got a lot of undefeated teams with star players. So while I wouldn't necessarily dismiss Manziel right now, I wouldn't call him the favorite, either.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Manziel is the best player in college football and it isn't close.

He may not win it again because of the moralizers who have votes. You know the guys, the ones who want to teach Manziel a lesson but it won't be because he won't have the numbers, the wins and the verve of a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted