1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB postseason running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 30, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd really like a provable, demonstrable list of cheaters on the current Cardinals roster. Ah, well, time to tune out the one Cubs fan without a sense of humor about a century of suckitude.

Anyhoo, ole-school gutting it out by Wainwright. And MileHigh, I didn't think you were one of those to be bitter toward Cardinals fans, as fashionable as that attitude is around here.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Looks to be a heck of an NLCS. Dodgers have Kershaw-Greinke, and Cardinals counter with Wainwright-Wacha. Then you have L.A.'s Ryu and STL's Kelly.

I don't know if Miller makes a start for St. Louis in the series, but I sure as hell hope Lynn doesn't.

Cardinals need to get Matt Carpenter going. Dodgers need to keep pounding.

It's going to be fun.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What is up with Kozma's brainlock? He did it quite a bit last year against the Giants, he had the infamous infield fly against the Braves, and he did it again tonight.

For a guy who's there for his defense, he sure does fuck up a lot.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Never ceases to amaze me that you're too fucking stupid to figure this out.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Well, since we're now here to rip:
    Fuck the Braves, and fuck the Dodgers.

And fuck the Cubs as usual. Go, Cardinals!

6. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I'm sure Reddick thought he had a chance, but there's no way. The top of that railing is higher than it looks on TV - this is the 14th season at Comerica Park, and no outfielder has gone nearly that high on the railing to bring back a homer.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I am talking baseball. You are the one who started this debate, but now that things didn't go your way, you want to run from it. You were all fired up to go on about what it would have meant for baseball's financial system if the Pirates made the World Series. Before they had even made it through a playoff round, you were ready to declare the significance of it to the discussion of baseball's financial system. Now that the Pirates have fallen short, you want to dismiss that argument entirely.

The real question is if you are simply too dense to understand the point I'm making or if you are faking it rather than admit I have a point. It's fairly simple. If the Pirates making the World Series would have proven something about baseball's financial system, then having them not make it means the opposite. Even you can keep up with that.

And no, I didn't need you to explain to me what I already knew the first time, but you are welcome to keep lying about that if it makes you feel better.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me that you think anybody is stupid enough to believe you when you claim that you don't actually mean it when you act like a whiny Cubs fanboy on here.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

We are careening toward a Red Sox vs. Cardinals World Series, in which I have about 0.5 percent interest.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Cardinals are a hell of an organization. They draft well. They trade well (JD Drew, sigh) and they do not overpay for players.

Hopefully the Pirates will be pushing them for the next 6-7 seasons.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Steak, that's the Series I forecast at the start of the playoffs on the grounds it was by far the most boring possibility and therefore the most likely. But the Dodgers are making me doubt myself, and Dodgers-Sox wouldn't be so bad.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

By the way, if the Red Sox and Cardinals DO make the World Series, it would be a matchup of the teams with the best record in their league. The only two times that has happened in the wild-card era were 1995 (Braves & Indians) and 1999 (Yankees & Braves).

Draft saved Draft deleted