1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I notice this was uploaded to YouTube in April, but has an Aussie woman's voice...the American version has the guy that has done most of the MasterCard commercials.
    I just saw it for the 1st time during Game 2 of the ALDS (Tigers/A's)...and it made me laugh.
    I'm just wondering how long it will last before someone says that little boys with swords "sets a bad example."

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I like the ending to the a-ha spoof here.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koqrAX6dTjU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkoqrAX6dTjU

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I've streamed the Sunday night NFL game the last few weeks, which means I get the same three commercials during every break. One of them is the Hyundai Santa Fe commercial with "Metal Health" playing in the background. I've become quite smitten with the blonde mom driving, for some reason ... just love her facial expression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4Mw4w0L2k

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's one of my favorites of all-time. Quite old now, but I started following the career of Stacey Scowley because of this one.

She's still doing commercials with the occasional guest spot in TV shows.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I always thought she was pretty cute. I love her subtle eyebrow raise right at the end of the commercial.

6. old_tony

She was in the series premier of Lucky (a shortlived John Corbett show on FX years ago) and I expected her to really break out as a star on that show. Then she never appeared again and the show was canceled after one season.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Love the Corolla ads that span the decades, from 60's rock to Soul Train to break dancing to grunge. Always makes me chuckle.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*Man pulls up in driveway. Receives text*
    Hey honey, my mom stopped by. We'll see you soon.
    *Man puts car in reverse. Receives text*
    Hey honey, where the (car horn) are you going?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Always a sucker for Da Bears fan spoof, this time with Aaron Rodgers.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw this one on during some Marlins games this season (it's apparently a few years old), and thought it was cute. Little boy wanders on stage at a piano concert and starts playing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" as the curtain raises.
    It's a little cheesy. It's a PSA encouraging parents to encourage their kids. But dammit, it makes me smile every time.

http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/100-Concert

11. old_tony

"Grill class?"

"Your tongs are in your seatback."

Draft saved Draft deleted