1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Internet dating world is a cesspool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Be patient and take a farming approach. It takes time. You have to prepare the ground first, maybe do some hoing. Before you know it, you will be planting your seed. Several months later, you will find yourself happy in a cornfield.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You get over it (meaning dealing with the dating shit). And it does become exciting again, albeit in a uniquely masochistic way.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Probably a pushy bottom.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

You left out the mule plowing.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

♪♫♩♪♫♬♭♮
    You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.
    With four hungry children and a crop in the field
    I've had some bad times,
    Lived through some sad times,
    This time the hurtin' won't heal.
    You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.
    ♪♫♩♪♫♬♭♮

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I met my ex-girlfriend online, and for shits and giggles, she showed me her OkCupid mailbox after we were together. Good lord, that was all sorts of scary. She was also getting around 50 messages a week, whereas I'll get maybe one or two a month unsolicited. (i.e. Not a reply to one of my own messages.)

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's a male/female thing.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Met a woman on OKStoopid. We hit it off and she actually. Had. Potential.

Game-changing potential.

But, after her second date, she found out she had breast cancer. She gave me the out, but for whatever reason, I stuck with her anyway. Through the chemo, through the double mastectomy and aftercare.

And then when our relationship was six months old, on the morning of her last chemo appointment, completely out of nowhere, she dumped me, via text message.

I didn't even bother to text her back.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You were dooming yourself with negative association.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Similar story, but not similar circumstances.

Met a girl through a mutual friend a few years ago. Hit it off well and began dating.

Later learned her license had been suspended due to a DWI and couldn't do much without someone else picking her up.

Through the first five months of our relationship, I had to pick her up from where she lived (at home, with her parents) and then we went on our merry way. Then the last week of our relationship, she could drive and met me several places.

Soon after, she broke up with me.

Felt as if I was the crutch she used to get through that part of her life and once she was through it, she could throw the crutch away and move forward.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think those are unique stories. When he was doing Loveline with Carolla back in the day, Drew would mention how a lot of couples would break up following treatment, since after the process they were in such radically different places. Relationships are a bitch / bastard.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Who cares? Of course she played you. What are you doing dating some loser who can't drive to DUI? Ever heard of hit it and quit it? WAR dating cities where you don't have to own a car.

Draft saved Draft deleted