1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo of Manziel signing autograph

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 14, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's broker Drew Tieman with him. Darren Rovell tweeted the pic Friday.

NCAA had the ability to plead ignorance and rely on the "can't allow their likeness to be sold even if they do not profit from it" rule when they suspended him for a half. Don't know if that's going to fly anymore. Maybe they suspend him for another half sometime and it comes out to a whole game.

Fun day in College Station!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9669838/photo-shows-johnny-manziel-signing-autographs-south-florida-autograph-broker-drew-tieman

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised the broker is wearing a Burberry shirt?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cecil and Cam Newton and Denise and Reggie Bush think Johnny Manziel sold himself short

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This is the same group that dropped their investigation of Ohio State because Maurice Clarett wouldn't return their phone calls.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing the title of this thread, I opened it, with hopes that it was a picture of Manziel signing a stripper's breasts.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Saw where a tax attorney said that Manziel will either have to declare the income on his tax return or face being audited by the IRS. And if he files a fraudulent return and it's proven, he could face 3-5 years in the Gray Bar Hotel.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he doesn't have to file his taxes until long after the college football season has ended. By then, he can declare for the draft and won't give a damn about whether he broke any NCAA rules.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Like he cares now about whether he broke any NCAA rules.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He seems to genuinely enjoy playing football, so my guess is he'd prefer not to be ruled ineligible. Other than that, you are right.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He signed a baseball?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Johnny Signedballs

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Also I am sure he and his lawyers will respond with a hearty "fuuuuck yoooouuuu" to any NCAA demand that he turn his tax returns over to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted