1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. billikens

billikens Member

As there's no way they let DB get the title back this quickly, I'm trying to come up with scenarios that don't involve Bryan just losing cleanly to Orton on Sunday and still maintaining momentum to getting the title back.

Soooooooooo....Big Show turns on Bryan this Sunday, costing him the win, big hugs for HHH/Big Show/Orton, leading to Big Show/Bryan feud. After DB dispatches Show at the next PPV, it sets up a Team Bryan vs. Team HHH at Survivor Series.

Punk, who can't possibly drag on this Heyman thing much longer, spends the next PPV or two feuding with Orton for the title.

Bryan gets "one last" title match at TLC, gets screwed again and is told "no more title shots." He then wins the Royal Rumble to set up the championship match against Orton at WrestleMania where he finally wins back the title. (Or Orton has been busted for drugs a third time at some point, Punk has gone back to the dark side to align with HHH and takes Orton’s spot as champion, and Bryan beats Punk for the title.)

Regardless, that won't be the main event at WrestleMania. The main event will go to a returning John Cena who will be battling HHH/Vince for control of the WWE or something dumb like that.

Too much?

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You mean "retirement"

He was forced out.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Damn, I still remember the first time I watched that.

That call was friggin iconic and just pure awesome.

And I'll never forget Lawler's classic when Foley went through the top of the cage.

"That's it. He's dead."

And then JR

"Will somebody stop the damn match!"

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There's just one thing wrong in that scenario: Cena is due to return in time for the Rumble.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That, and his call of Undertaker and Kane breaking Vince's leg by dropping the ring steps on it.

Vince flips the bird to them as they have their back turned, but Taker sees it

JR: "Oh, he got caught!"

Undertaker punches out Vince, then jumps on him, still punching.

"The Undertaker is assaulting Vince McMahon!!! The Undertaker is ANNIHLATING Vince McMahon!!!"

Probably my alltime favorite Raw moment. JR's call, along with King's reaction and the Detroit crowd are absolutely priceless.

6. Baron Scicluna

I'm thinking the Shield interferes, costs Bryan the match, then they beat him down with Orton. Trips and Stef keep warning Show, but he finally snaps and beats the hell out of the Shield.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This was probably my favorite Jim Ross call, although I'm a mark for Jericho. This is also the match that Triple H really fucked up his knee in, and gutted through it to 1) take the Walls of Jericho on the table and 2) still go through with the finish of the match. I always thought JR and Heyman together were great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Z7viD0r9c

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'd recommend everyone watching the train wreck that got Jim Ross fired and cost Ric Flair a contract. It's a highly entertaining train wreck.

JR claims he wasn't drunk, but I have doubts about that...

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I still can't get over the Matadors. It's so absurd. It reeks of The E seeking out the next Fandango craze. Smarks will be chanting Ole! and The E will think it's because it's a great gimmick, not because smarks are shitting all over it.

Not sure how Sunday goes down, other than The Passion of the Beard continues to fill TV until the triumphant return of SuperCena.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Who was that guy teaming with Jericho? I can't seem to find him in the WWE history books anywhere.

And, yeah, I always maintained great respect for HHH after seeing how he finished up that match. I'm still amazed he was able to do it.

11. Baron Scicluna

It's a shame that match never happened and doesn't exist anywhere [Jericho].

I saw it a long time ago, and I forgot what a terrific match it was. Oh, and Stef was super hot.

12. Baron Scicluna

I was too lazy earlier to post it, but this is what I meant by JR's call of the Undertaker and Kane breaking Vince's leg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLZMvpwHAs

Draft saved Draft deleted