1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Current guys, off the top of my head, that eventually get in:

Mysterio, Lesnar, CM Punk, Cena, Orton, Big Show, RVD, Christian, Y2J, Undertaker, Kane, JBL, Triple H, Mark Henry. You could also induct DX as a stable. Go ahead and throw in Batista. If Heyman continues to play nice with WWE, he makes it in. If Daniel Bryan has any longevity, he should make it. Barring injury, Sheamus will eventually get in.

Guys not in WWE in the past few years that have the credentials to make it: Kurt Angle, Steiner Brothers, Hall/Nash, Sting (if Vince ever purchases TNAs library after they go belly up), Dudleys, Hardys, Diamond Dallas Page.

If WWE ever runs another 'Mania in the Philly area, you can probably count on a random ECW guy getting in.

If Jake stays on the wagon, maybe he gets in.

Next year's 'Mania is in New Orleans. Are there any old timers from that territory that aren't already in?

I'm sure there are a ton of old timers that could make it in as well. I don't think it's all that crazy to see Dustin get in.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd love to see Steve Lombardi inducted.
    I think at one point fairly recently (late 2000s) he was among the top 10 in WWE history in number of matches wrestled. He's had a nice, long career as a backstage guy, too.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The same with Iron Mike Sharpe and Special Delivery Jones.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

If there can be a "celebrity" wing that includes Drew Carey, then Goldust gets in. Ugh, still can't believe Drew Carey is a Hall of Fame inductee. I know it's wrestling, but that's the kind of shit that sets the industry up for the shots people take at it.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The celebrity wing is the WWE's way of trying to have some humor with the Hall instead of making it super-serious. And like it or not, wrestling has a humorous side to it as well as the serious side.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

How about Goldberg?

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think he's probably in whenever he agrees to do it.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I wonder how they decided who to have go over in the infamous Goldberg/Lesnar match.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

According to WWE.com, Jim Ross has announced his retirement.

Favorite JR moments?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

For me it's easy: his call of Undertaker vs. Mick Foley, Hell in a Cell.

11. billikens

billikens Member

His call of the Undertaker-Foley Hell in a Cell match is iconic, but I'm not sure JR gets the credit he deserves for his role in Austin's success (or maybe he does and I just don't see it). He sold the shit out of Austin as a bad ass, and, through his commentary, had a hand in making the Stunner one of the best finishers ever.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"STUNNER!!! STONE COLD!" All of his calls on Kane were also great. He had a completely different style than Bobby Heenan, but he's probably the only guy that comes close to challenging him to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted