1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock crushes Thayer Evans and SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SnarkShark, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I didn't say this story isn't true, but the question was whether or not anyone besides Whitlock had questioned Evans' reporting in the past, and many people certainly have.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Luckily for you there usually is no actual post, so you're not wasting valuable time and effort trying to find it. ;)

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has anybody questioned Dohrmann's reporting?

4. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Thayer Evans has come a long way since he was blogging community news at the Houston Chronicle only four years ago...

http://blog.chron.com/everythingleaguecity/

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't see any evidence, from the links you've put on here, of questioning the reporting. It looks like Doyel questioned his opinions and thought he was "smearing" somebody (but Doyel later had to retract a significant part of his original portion). The rest is just a bunch of "oh yeah why didn't you get what Texas had to say in there?" crap.

You're putting a lot of emphasis on what a bunch of delusional fanboys have to say in defense of their school. People might have questioned the conclusions. But it does not look like any serious questions have developed around the reporting.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gotcha. And it's true, I don't get up in arms about the athletes getting money under the table and women during recruiting. I would, if the landscape was more like it is supposed to be, such as Ivy League and D-III style.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Wait, did Whitlock sit on them? 'Cause that thing could crush about anybody.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Ed Sherman takes on Whitlock.

http://www.shermanreport.com/jason-whitlock-needs-to-brush-up-on-pulitzer-prize-winner-george-dohrmanns-credentials/

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Whitlock is such a dick.

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World has a piece that clearly questions Thayer's "reporting."

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This one?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/22190

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The double entendre is what I was going for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.