1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotter 'n hell...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Officially, DFW got to 100 twice in June. The climatology page doesn't have July yet, but a couple of days last week got there. Each time, we had a big cooldown afterward.

For the record, DFW has only had two summers on record without a 100-degree day: 1906 and 1973.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's been notably hot here in New England since about mid-June, but it's been even more notably moist. It's either around 70-80 and rainy or 85-95 and humid. I have mushrooms in the shadier parts of my lawn.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We're going to get over 90 degrees this week for the first time this year. It's a pretty big difference from a year ago where it seemed like the entire summer was dry and hot.

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Don't envy you Death Valley folks.

A few years ago covering a Div. I college football season opener, the temps I think were mid-90's, not a cloud in the sky. The stadium has field turf (I'm sure most on here have experienced the stuff, but if you haven't, it sucks in the heat) and I was told the temperature was measured high-120s during the game. Was not a fun game on the sidelines.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Fwiw, FDR's 1933 inauguration was the last to be held in March.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

We had a season opener at UNLV one of the years I was there (not that anyone ever gave a shit about UNLV football) where the temp was 102. Several players had IV's at halftime.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Badwater was this weekend. Photos ...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erikmalinowski/23-incredible-grueling-images-from-an-ultramarathon-through

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

In quite a few parts of the Southwest, the temperature is dangerously hot well into September. Football in those conditions is really brutal.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

105 here yesterday.

I love it.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, it finally started to get hot (100-plus) here the past week or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted