1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Now, THIS is real to me, damnit!

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

One of the best Raw's in a real long time. Great booking. The F5 on Punk was outstanding.

3. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Vince, shut up and take my money.

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

A brilliant Henry swerve, some possible life to Ziggler/Del Rio, Kaitlyn's breasts, and Punk/Lesnar? Yeah, the best Raw in months.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fun show, although I'll do the broken record thing. Enough with the McMahon family drama. I don't give a shit which McMahon runs the show.

And I'll echo the doctor/match stoppage thing. If it's an angle, not cool, especially with all that's happened to these guys through the years.

Otherwise, fun Raw. I'd like to see a Bryan/Orton match go to a conclusion. I figured Henry was going to turn on Cena when he asked him to stay, but he did the retirement speech so convincingly, with real tears, that I wasn't sure if this would have been a real retirement.

The end of the show also, as we like to say, sets things up beautifully. I'm looking forward to Heyman's reaction to it, whether he's happy with Lesnar for the F5 because Punk rejected him, or upset because Brock is going to ruin his friendship with Punk.

6. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

I hope Heyman at least feigns some kind of outrage. I just love seeing the guy lose his shit when Brock destroys everything. "Oh my GOD WHAT DID YOU DO! HE'S SORRY! HE'S SORRY!" Hahaha, love it.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

In 24 hours' time we've had

- Alberto and Ricardo go from face to heel
    - Ziggler from heel to face.
    - Punk from heel to face.
    - Henry from heel to face to heel.
    - Bryan from face to bubbling-over heel (?)

It's definitely the pulling out of all the stops for Summerslam.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Raw was awesome last night. Awesome. I didn't see Lesnar coming out, but I guess we all should've.

RVD coming back? Hell yes! Daniel Bryan vs. RVD. Punk vs. RVD. Ziggler vs. RVD. Need I say more?

I actually like that Vicki's stuck in the middle of the McMahon power struggle, it does something to her character that hasn't been done since her Edge days. It makes it a bit compelling.

Daniel Bryan's injury seemed legit. At least to me anyway. There was the interaction with Orton after it was all over that makes me think it was legit.

9. If Bryan is really injured, that's a real shame. The E hasn't had its full complement of regulars in awhile and just as Bryan peaks, he gets hurt. I hope it's nothing serious or it's a work. I'd like to see where they can go with a roster that includes Cena, Punk, Bryan, Orton, Henry, Ryback, Ziggler, Del Rio, Lesnar, The Shield, Kane all healthy and not suspended.

10. billikens

billikens Member

It was an unusual ending/interaction but I'm guessing (maybe hoping?) it wasn't a legit injury. I don't remember if it was Vince who said this when discussing a work vs. a legit shoot, or someone who'd worked for the WWE in the past, but it was something like: "If they're showing it on TV, then it was supposed to be on TV."

11. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Lawler's heart attack was one hell of a work then.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget RVD's return -- possibly as another "Heyman Guy" to feud with Punk?
    Forget Summerslam. They're setting things up nicely for MITB, which has quickly become one of the consistently better PPVs of the year. I hate that they took the MITB match off of the Wrestlemania card, but I do love the way they've made it an important, special event on the calendar.

Draft saved Draft deleted