1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You make the call - customer service edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Jun 4, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's a wonderful attitude to have. Fuck you that you live so far away, we made a mistake, deal with it.

If you are the owner of the business it depends whether you want a repeat customer and the potential bad pr. The littlest of gestures from the owners of these businesses can turn a negative experience into a positive one for the customer. I doubt that Nike gives a shit about this but smaller businesses and restaurants that depend on good word of mouth and repeat customers

I don't think he should have been given free shoes but a 10 to 20% discount on his next purchase for his time and gas would go a long way in making sure you have a repeat customer who will also talk highly of the service they received.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I work specifically in customer service, so here's my two cents.

I would have apologized several times and removed the tag.

Here's a tip: if you bring your receipt, most stores (like ones right around the corner from your house) will take the tags off for you. They're not store-specific. I do it at my job all the time as a service to the customer.

Draft saved Draft deleted