1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Kidd calls it a career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Enough, KY. Your effort to hammer him time and again is beyond absurd.

And yes, Hall of Fame for Kidd.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Webster he's in. No question about it. He enjoyed a rewarding career. I wish him well in retirement.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A good wife beater and even better basketball player?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry to pile on but the original contention from 'mark' demands a late hit or three... as 'dumb' a post regarding a player evaluation as i've ever seen around here. whoever you are, mark, you've obliterated whatever was left of your credibility, which has been dangling from a thread for some time now....

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he's owed 6mil over 2 years. I wonder if the Knicks made any settlement?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not before Olerud, but eventually. And, pants pisser

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Kidd in high school was simply beyond amazing. A bunch of us would always head to the state finals in Oakland when he was playing, just to see what he'd do next. I think it was his senior year when Alameda St. Joe's was down in the fourth quarter, but he took over the game unlike any high school player I'd seen before, or since.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of took the "not HOFer" remark as a joke since nobody apparently can retire without the HOF? thread popping up.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We did the same thing. I remember one game where he scored or had the assist on all but two baskets the entire game and another where he was one something away from a quadruple double. His passes were so good it was scary.

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

2nd in career assists and steals plus a consistent 15 pts per game over his career and easily the best rebounding guard of his era.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Probably a good indication it was time to go, though, when he played his last 10 playoff games this season and recorded 188 minutes of floor time without scoring a point.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Came in with Grant Hill (co-ROYs) and went out with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted