1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Well, on a trip around Kansas today:
    $3.92 in the town where I live, down from $3.95. However, 14 days ago, it was $3.27. At one point, it went up three times in three days, all by 10 cent increments.
    Up to the town where I work, $3.99. No one ever wants to be the first to put a 4 as the leading digit on regular unleaded, at least not around here. Diesel is lower there, $3.77. I can't remember the last time I saw diesel lower than regular.
    BETO Junction (I-35 and U.S. 75), $3.72. I was stunned.
    Emporia, $3.93 by I-35 or $3.87 downtown. Paid $42 to fill up the rental car with 11 gallons.

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Friend on FB posted a 26-gallon fillup on his pickup today in Okie-homa, the Oil State. $104.02. For a fucking tank of gas.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you didn't blame the Moore tornado on him. You're slipping.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bought $3.23 at an EZ-Mart in Mineola, TX this week. Credit card readers at the pump were FUBAR, but the cute young thang at the register was most helpful.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Paid $3.92 a few days ago. It was down to $3.89 at the place closest to my house but I was out and about and saw $3.79 today. Cheapest I've seen in at least a month. Hopefully it's on the way down.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I paid $1.399 a litre for gas today, which works out to $5.296 a U.S. gallon. This isn't some recent spike, it's been sitting between $1.299 and $1.399 since I moved here. For the Victoria Day long weekend, it jumped to $1.449 which works out to $5.485 a gallon.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

$3.65 somewhere in Brighton, CO. Gas is about $3.79 in my neck of the woods. Paid $3.31 in Sandy Oregon a few weeks ago.

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Let's see...I think it was $40.63. Hope this helps.

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

$3.25 here on post.

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Problems at a refinery bumped prices to $3.99 around Cleveland last week. Naturally, I pulled into a station in Hagerstown, Maryland, and it was $3.34.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Actually saw $2.95 in Mississippi on Sunday, at one of the cheaper stations. Most places were $3.13 at the time.
    It was up to $3.29 this morning. Fun while it lasted.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I think it's $3.89 here, which is down from the big spike.

Fortunately, I live and work in the same place (either ends of the parking lot) and only fill up every 4-6 weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted