1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men returns. Thumbs up or down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by brettwatson, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Turns out the episode was about Vietnam.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/05/20/mad_men_season_6_episode_8_the_crash_is_scdp_fighting_its_vietnam.html

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wendy, putting stethoscope to Don's chest: "I want to hear your heart."

A few seconds later, listening: "Aww. I think it's broken."

Don, caught off guard: "You can hear that?"

Wendy, removing stethoscope: "I can't hear anything. I think it's broken."

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

In the staid world of an office, the only real way to bring 1968 into SDCP was to do something like this. As an experimental episode I thought it was great. It's almost a stand-alone episode other than the fact that Don won't be working on Chevy.

And Bobby Draper's racially-confused query is the line of the season so far.

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Loved this episode.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I've been hot and cold on the show so far this season. Even as a longtime fan, I'm having trouble understanding a lot of things. Sometimes, you do have to spell it out to people even if it bogs things down. I did love Roger's mother's funeral though.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I was a little surprised to find out that the strange woman in the apartment was a thief ... well, at least until she asked about the watch. When she mentioned Don's name, I thought she might have been a part of the "real" Don Draper's past.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bad enough that Don has cheated on Megan with the neighbor. But now he's cheating on her with .... Betty?

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Betty wins!

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

January Jones may have just had her strongest acting episode yet, and it comes in a season in which she's been completely marginalized.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I cannot believe what I just saw!

Never thought that would happen.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A Betty-Don reconnection?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yup.

The episode had all sorts of surprises. I didn't even realize Bobby could talk.

Draft saved Draft deleted