1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna do Disney? Hate lines? Try Hire-a-Handicap!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 15, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So that's why all those scooters were drag racing to Space Mountain at the rope drop.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if the reason the lines are so short then because it's hurricane season... One of the times we went, we waited until late October for that reason...

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Better still, you'll get great parking, too.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Only in the Itchy Lot.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fundamentally, people need to do the right thing. Sucks that this is even a question.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem is here, really.

First - the percentage of people doing this is so miniscule that I'm sure it is not causing longer lines for handicaps at at Disney.

Second, they are paying handicapped people handsomely, which I am all for.

This is another example of creating an issue out of something that is really so minor and not worthy of even a little bit of "outrage" as there is nothing to see here

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As long as the disabled person is actually going on rides with these people (which is unclear from the story, but I assume it's the case), are they really doing anything wrong?
    It's not like the rich moms are taking advantage of the disabled people themselves. They're paying out the ass for this service, at a rate set by the disabled person themselves.
    The disabled tour guide isn't faking an ailment.
    Disney loses a bit of money, I suppose, but not that they'll notice. And everyone is still buying overpriced tickets, food and merchandise.
    It sucks for the people actually waiting in line, but they always have the option to buy a VIP pass or a fastpass. If the disabled person is riding rides and not just waiting for others in the group to get off, it's just taking advantage of Disney's policy. How the group comes together shouldn't make much of a difference.

I know there's something distasteful about it, but I just can't put my finger on what exactly it is. No one is being hurt or taken advantage of.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's just wrong on every level... It's just something that screams bad karma...

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This, this, a thousand times this ...

Anybody who connives his/her way into hiring a disabled person to pose as a family member just so precious kiddies Nos. 1 and 2 don't have to wait in line is an absolute, total fuckstick.

There. I am become Starman. And I feel better.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Do you reserve the same judgment for the disabled person who's voluntarily whoring out himself or herself?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes.

12. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

People who are killed on the People Mover had it coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted