1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smash Williams, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I remember way back when we didn't have to hear everything about everything right now.

You know, back when it was more important to have a few verifiable facts instead of the latest guess at what might have happened.

Bahhh!

Modern news cycle, get the hell out of my yard!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd say there's a better chance it was the People's Front of Judea than the North Koreans.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The fact the FBI guy is saying people should be more vigilant tonight and tomorrow makes it sound like multiple people might be involved.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

What I said was about as far from political as you can get. If you read politics into it, you wanted to. In fact, my opinion was to defuse politics because I was just saying I thought it was a crazy and not a some group trying to make a political statement. Check this board, newb, and you'll find out I'm about the least political person around here. I run from that mess like the plague.

And yes, foreign terrorist groups have traditional signatures. They seek government/political targets off opportunity such as embassies, ships, financial institutions, govt. buildings, etc.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I didn't mean it that way. I think it's just as likely that one of our nut jobs did it as somebody else's. I just think it will turn out to be politically motivated. Twisted and misguided, of course.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus, first question from the "media" was from a loon talking about a false-flag operation and wondering if it was designed to take away our freedom.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Maybe you should #sticktosomewhereelse

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/15/rep-peter-king-to-bill-oreilly-maybe-this-will-be-a-wake-up-call/

8. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

LOL. New York congressman. He probably should have stuck to sports as well.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Peter King, the congressman... Not the NFL reporter. #Dontjuststicktosports

10. BenPoquette

Ah, the dreaded "newb." If you do not want your posts to be seen as overtly political, try not to post overtly political things. I applaud you for running from the mess of the normal ignorant political postings that go one here...I should do the same more times than not. However, I am just saying you missed the mark. Nothing more, nothing less. Not a big deal. Then again, I'm a "newb" so what do I know?

11. BenPoquette

IJAG, did you watch the King segment? Fox sure sugar-coated the crap he was spewing with their tease.

12. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Oh snap. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.