1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smash Williams, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Pretty good theory. I would agree that it probably was not coincidence.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey now! That's racist! Got any evidence?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a fluid situation I caution you against speculation.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Comcast Sports New England is airing a Boston news feed via channel 630 on DirecTV and they anchors just spent 10 minutes speculating why SWAT officers are stationed outside Brigham & Women's hospital. Going on and on and on about all the possible reasons they could be there but they had no fucking idea what the reason could be.

About two hours ago I saw an interview with a doctor AT Brigham & Women's and he was asked about the SWAT presence at the hospital. His answer was that it was standard procedure in a crisis situation.

Nice work random Boston news station.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pierce wrote a little something from the scene.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/boston-marathon-bombings-update-from-boston-041513

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

CNN just reported that authorities are looking for a "dark-skinned or black man with a black backpack and a black sweatshirt." Also might be a "foreign national."

So, there's that.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

No shit...from the "lunatic white guy" crap to bashing the president moments after this happened, doesn't something like this, if anything, call for people to chill the fuck out and let things play out? Fuck.

8. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Peter King on O'Reilly was particularly offensive in all but blaming radical Islamists.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Too much dead air to fill and too little information. So you blurt out any wild idea that falls into your head.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Except, of course, the information's been out there on this particular situation for at least two hours.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't really think we can keep politics out of this guys. Seeing how, ya know, it was probably politically motivated.

No matter what color lunatic did it

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.