1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Break up protocol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

It was disappointing there was no final resolution on that CR thread.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think it's important to note here that Liam Neeson is known for having the largest penis of any man alive. It was described by Janice Dickinson as an "Evian bottle." And that whore would know.

3. Just for the record - I agree with Buck - there should have been sex after the 3rd date. If no sex - then it should have been your responsibility to ask her if she felt a physical attraction to you. The answer to that question was probably "no".

Girls know within the first five minutes of meeting if you are "fuckable". After five dates - you were never getting any something something.

Sorry. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and better luck next time.

4. I used to have a ginourmous penis but I had it reduced due to chronic back pain from carrying it around.

5. A phone call would have been nice, or lunch, but it's more of question of etiquette rather than trying to break your heart after five dates.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

OK, so it seems the board believes that, for someone in their early 30s (give or take), sex after three to five dates is pretty much a given. Not that this 50-year-old-father-of-three-who's-been-married-for-20+ years is looking for any more trouble than he already has, but ...

What's the expectation for the 50-and-over-set on this whole number-of-dates-till-the-promised-land question?

7. I'm mid-forties.

Third date.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My best friend from my hometown is my age but has never married (he had a lot of family drama when we were younger). Anyway, for a long time there when we were in our 40s, he had his pickings of all the dream girls from our day and age who'd already married and divorced. I mean all the hot cheerleaders, the beauty queens, if they had gotten divorced, he probably had a chance with 'em (and neither he nor I would have EVER had a chance with them when we were younger). Anyway, he tells some pretty funny stories. Per him, the whole sex after a few dates is a non-issue ... he's wanting a peak at that medicine cabinet. If there are certain drugs in there, he says, you get the hell out pronto!

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

So now it's more like the Crystal Light packet you pour in the Evian bottle?

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I've been dating a woman since October. And since then, I've stood by her side, unwavering, as she faced a myriad of life-threatening health issues that most any other guy would run from, ones she learned about after our second date (she gave me the out, but I stuck around because for whatever reason, I saw potential).

The good news is, it looks like she's gonna pull through.
    The bad news is, out of nowhere, she dumped me via text message this morning.
    I didn't even bother writing back, as she had her last round of chemo today.
    It's been a fun day.

11. What? Anti-depressants or anti-fungals?

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

OK, you have a legit beef. No pun intended.

Draft saved Draft deleted