1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday-NCAA tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't find medical technology amazing because I'm in my 20s. It's what I've known for my whole life. But no, I am not surprised at all by him being on crutches.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Versatile won't be impressed until Ware plays on Saturday.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That'd top Willis Reed in Game Seven for sure!

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As ugly as bone breaks look (I only watched it once); soft tissue injuries (ligaments, tendons) take much longer to heal and recover from. After three surgeries, I'll take a broken bone anytime.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm still befuddled as to why teams find the 'Cuse zone so hard to break; there was a spurt of about 5 mins early in the 2nd half where Marquette just got the ball to their center at the foul line and he scored 4 out of 5 times, that's where the soft spot is and where they need to exploit. Almost always, that spot is the man in the middle's responsibility and most don't want to go out that far. In addition, there are only two guards up top, you flood the zones with 3 guards spacing out because the wings on the bottom don't like to challenge on the perimeter. Yet Indiana's guards were catching the ball 30+ feet out and were not in position to shoot when they caught the ball. Lastly, you need a PG at the top who can/will shoot. Indy's PG looked afraid to.

Michigan's got a chance because Burke has range and isn't afraid to shoot. Can they get Stauskus open in the corner again and can he shoot lights out again? Possibly. They need to go to their C in the middle.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They could always pull a Nykesia Sales.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In "teams that are imploding after being eliminated" news: Rodney Purvis is leaving NC State. With him leaving and C.J. Leslie and Lorenzo Brown going pro, that's troublesome. T.J. Warren could go pro, too, and I'm not sure stud recruit Anthony Barber has qualified yet. Could be a long year in Raleigh.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

83rd percentile in Yahoo. 40 of 60. And all I've got is Louisville left. Do they grade on a curve?

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Story I saw earlier today had Pitino saying the doctors wanted him up and about to improve circulation to the leg.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, the blood flow is key now.
    Hope the serious problems are over.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

[​IMG]

Coach Checkers is on the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Boeheim gave a good explanation of it after the Indiana win. He said that years ago the team spent most of their time and zone and an hour on man. Now they spend ALL of their time on zone, so they've perfected it.

Other teams can practice against a zone, but it's not nearly as effective.

Syracuse will have its hands full against Michigan. The Wolverines have been shooting very well from three. Multiple players are hot. It's a zone team's worst nightmare.

Draft saved Draft deleted