1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday-NCAA tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Is this the worst mascot in the NCAA tournament?.. ;D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Akron was pitiful. VCU is good, but not that good.

Akron was very poor and slow on defense. Forget handling the ball, half of their players on the floor played defense like they were a DII players. VCU was so much faster athletically.

But, Michigan will give VCU all kinds of problems.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

13-3. Only lost New Mexico in the Sweet 16, and had it losing to Ohio State, so I'm good there.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

14-2 but had Hobos in title game.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did anyone other than me think Memphis could do something in this tournament? Evidence from yesterday strongly contradicts my opinion.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

13-3. I lost on Cal-UNLV, New Mexico-Harvard and Arizona-Belmont.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Akron was missing its point guard and two other starters. Zips had ZERO chance against VCU's defense. None. That game was over before it tipped.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just part of the Mountain West's annual undressing in the tournament. San Diego State, you're on the clock!

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Same here.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes.
    In my "win your pool" column earlier in the week, I suggested two 14s to watch. Harvard and Davidson. I went with Davidson. Worked out well.

Some other points:

*I love Versatile, though he can be over the top anal at times (doesn't make him a bad person). He is dead on above. STFU about your brackets, unless you went 1-15. A young woman I love dearly posted on FB that she was F'ed, her bracket dead. After three games were final. STOP.

*As an alum, I'm concerned VCU's game last night did more harm than good. It isn't that easy and Michigan is a whole 'nuther bird. Good guards can give VCU trouble. I'm somewhat optimistic, or maybe hopeful is a better word. But not close to confident.

*Still cursing that Davidson finish. MY BRACKET IS RUINED! LIFE SUCKS! I HATE BASKETBALL!

*Oh how I wish St. Louis wasn't in the same grouping as Louisville. If St. L was on the other side, I might have it in the final.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just have this feeling that based on what we saw yesterday that Wichita State-Gonzaga has upset written all over it...

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If there's an upset to look for it's Colorado State over Louisville. Rams are fun to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted