1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Finally saw On The Waterfront.

Good movie. I understand its iconic status. Having said that, I thought the ending was hokey.

2. Last movie was 'FLIGHT' with Denzel Washington.. Highly recommended.. One of the best so far this year i think..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907668/

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finally saw it last week too; what an amazing start to the film. Very memorable and I'd recommend it as well; very close to Argo, not sure which I'd choose.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Watching Flight now. Holy crap, the landing scene is probably the most terrifying scene I've seen in a long time.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Olympus Has Fallen. Highly improbable but still a lot of fun. I won't give any spoilers but Gerard Butler was Rambo 2013 in this one. Morgan Freeman was great as always.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"The Skin I Live In," by Pedro Almodovar. Verrrrry creepy story, stylishly done. Probably belongs up on the shelf with "Oldboy."

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower."

Wasn't sure what it was about, but I didn't see *that* coming.

Extremely well-done. I thought it was going to be a chintzy teen movie and was pleasantly surprised, albeit in a dark way.

Interesting to see Joan Cusack in a dramatic role. By the time her part came around, I'd forgotten I'd seen her name in the opening credits. Haven't seen her in much lately.

Emma Watson is the cutest thing.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"Take Shelter." Reminded me of "The Rapture" for some reason, even though it's a very different sort of movie.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Take Shelter was really damn good. It's funny, when I saw it, I thought it was an allegory on the housing bubble.

Saw Gasland the other day - a documentary on the impact natural gas drilling has had in recent years. It was okay, but had that all too familiar "let's throw a picture of Dick Cheney and Halliburton up there early to show who the good guys and bad guys are."

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I have never been as excited to see a film as I am for "42". I love Jackie Robinson, he is my favorite athlete of all-time. I hope they did a good job telling his story.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Watched 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not gonna lie, I didn't get it. Some great camera work though.

12. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Right now, I'm watching a movie called "Marquette Can't Make Shots." Popped in Almost Famous last night. Every once in a while, like to go back to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted