1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lids (as the kids call them)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Can't make heads or tails of it. Too casual and too dressy all at once. Especially sockless, with the Allen Edmonds tasseled loafer.

I wear a Brooklyn Dodgers cap only when canoeing or when I ride my bicycle on the Erie Canal towpath.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I concede your point. It's even worse now with a four-inch long beard.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey, I said, if you're bald ... ;)

I MISS YOU.

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

I've been thinking this for a few years now. WTF is up with how kids today wear they ballcaps?

The flat-as-a-dinner play brim is just a hideous look. When it makes a gunslinger like Colin Kaepernick look uncool, YOU KNOW it's uncool. Just hideous.

I'll take the style from my mid/late-'90s youth (the brim curled up like a horseshoe) any day.

6. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

WTF is up with how the kids wear their ballcaps? You know what I'm talking about: The hipster uniform headgear. How the brim lies flat as a dinner plate. Just hideous.

I can only imagine what adults were saying when I was kid, when the curl-your-brim like-a-horsehose look was considered cool.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've always been partial to the backward cap, as homage to Junior (Griffey, not Earnhardt).

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Loved that show when I was a kid. But damn, what kind of drugs did the Krofft brothers do?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

HR Pufnstuf, he can't do a little cuz you can't do enough.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's not a Borsalino but I have one that looks very much like that

Bought it in a cool men's store in a small town in Ontario. All wool, quilted on the inside and it has ear flaps for those cold winter days.

I call it my "Metrosexual Mennonite Hat"

Best thing: no fucking logo

Cost $80.00

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Stormy Kromer?

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

IJAG, I know downtown Atlanta isn't like the rest of the South, but you realize outside of it you'd be hard pressed to find a guy NOT wearing cap!

I'm a skin head (not Kojak; think first day of boot camp) and usually wear a cap this time of year when I'm outdoors and in early summer before I tan to keep from burning.

I have a few that are in normal rotation: a Harley cap I keep in the bag on my bike and a school cap (both black and orange) and an NHRA gimme.

I also do have an old work cap when I'm out on the farm and a straw hat I wear when mowing or at the beach.

Draft saved Draft deleted