1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS team wins 100-0, seeks to forfeit game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 22, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If it didn't happen on TV, it didn't happen!

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Looks like he was spending practice time on other things than teaching basketball.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

puts a different spin on "going to the hole"

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

For clarity's sake, the coach was fired not for losing 100-0 (though the winning coach was let go), but for bringing alcohol on a team trip. Also, as I recall, Dallas Academy is a school for the learning disabled.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Correct re: Dallas Academy.

Only other thing I got is: Poin Files, Texas hoops edition.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's sad when one of Zagoshe's non-wussie heroes falls.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/andrew-lott-coach-losing-end-100-0-hoops-160113511.html

Ironic to watch this video clip now and listen to all the crap being dumped on the winning team and coach and the golly-gee hosannahs being thrown on Dallas Academy and of course Lott.

I think it's fairly safe to guess maybe not all of the Dallas Academy players may have felt fully motivated to do their very best for the coach.

And once again a cautionary tale about doing these storybook fairy-tale stories (i.e. Manti Te'o). If a story sounds like it's probably bullshit, it probably is.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Having been called out on this before, I can advise that this is not eligible for the Poin Files, which concern themselves only with female teachers and male students.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I stand corrected ... my mistake for multitasking when I should have been concentrating solely on SportsJournalists.com.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Female teachers and female sutdents are also poin-acceptable. It may be time to dig up the 4-box graphic again.

12. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

This coach is more of a box and one.

Draft saved Draft deleted