1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012-13 College Basketball Running Cordial Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

North Carolina is one of the nation's best?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I took it to mean that teams that are generally top teams. At the same time, with all the roster turnover that happens now, that's a silly measure to use from year to year. Indiana was terrible for a few years. Most top tier teams have missed the NCAA tournament in recent years.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At one point in the game Florida was getting annihilated before they made the score pretty.

North Carolina. Since Williams' first season (19-11): 33-4, 23-8, 31-7, 36-3, 34-4, 20-17 (outlier), 29-8, 32-6. So yes, one of the best in the country, and even this season with so many new faces the Heels are 16-6.

The Kansas thing is all relative. You lose by 7 to a dreg of dregs, it may as well be a loss by 30.

The point is, all of the perennial greats are turning in mammoth stinkers in the same season. Don't remember that happening too many times.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this much whacking since Pee Wee Herman.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You play 40 games with a bunch of kids, there are going to be at least a night or two when their heads aren't into it. I can remember pretty good Kansas teams getting curbstomped at Villanova and Indiana and Tyler Hansbrough and Co. was absolutely run off the floor by KU a few years ago.

And there are upsets, a mediocre team is on fire and the big boys just can't make a bucket. It happens.

But last night was really unlike anything I've seen and I've watched a lot of college basketball down through the years. I would have picked KU to win the national championship two weeks ago, and I'm not the kind of homer who picks it every year, but each of the past three games have gotten exponentially worse. These guys had a two-game lead, but will have to play about a thousand times better over the next few weeks to keep from finishing in the middle of the Big 12 standings.

6. turski7

turski7 Member

Come on Dave Rice, get UNLV to show up once in awhile. Too much wasted talent.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Number One goes down again.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"FUNDAMENTALS AND DEFENSE!!!"

[​IMG]

"You guys are gonna fuckin' run 'till you can't eat supper."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Again:

The Indiana Hoosiers will NEVER win a championship of any kind with Tom Crean as coach. he will always either be outcoached, or choke at the moment when coaching is needed.

His lack of ability to develop big men shows in Zeller's deficiencies. He'll get to the NBA and get tutored, and become very effective.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

People may not like Tony Bennett's system, but Virginia was fun to watch tonight. Of course that had a lot to do with Clemson not guarding any UVa players. It looked like NBA All-Star weekend with all the uncontested dunks and 3-pointers.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I really wanted him as IU coach five years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted