1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple deaths, including children, at Connecticut school shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So you are defending something you know nothing about? Jesus Christ. Even I have shot these guns before. No way in fucking hell do they ever come inside my house, but at least I understand these weapons.

Here, watch this.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, what exactly am I defending?

3. I'm not educated enough on the topic to debate gun control legislation, but I did want to clarify that. A lot of what I've seen debated has been along the lines of "people shouldn't be allowed to legally own assault rifles."

To whoever asked does it matter what guns this killer used today? No, it doesn't.

But it is important to know which guns he used today if you're going to use today's events to frame the debate. Frankly, I don't think that needs to happen for the debate to take place. It's a legitimate debate with or without today's tragedy.

4. Armchair_QB

Little more info on the father.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Reporter-broke-news-to-father-of-suspect-4119559.php

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good, I'm glad you are for expanding handgun control and regulations.

6. Armchair_QB

Didn't say that either.

And i thought we were busy outlawing assault rifles.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just find it completely amazing that almost all of SJ left is mad at the guns and has completely forgotten about the man who used them.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"SJ left?"

I don't think anyone's forgotten about him.

Reasonable question to ask how he got the guns to do this.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe this will put the issue into perspective:

[​IMG]

Oh, I'm sure someone's going to come on here and quibble about the actual stats but even if they're wrong by 20%, it doesn't change anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I think most of the "SJ left's" point is that the man who used them is obviously mentally unstable and therefore maybe should not have been able to get his hands on the weapons so easily. Just spit-ballin'.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony, the gun discussion is part of this. Get over your politics and deal with it.

And if that was rude, I don't give a damn. Not today. Not after this.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny. Tony wants explanations from others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.