1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13: Time to wallow in the Mirer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Having a WR throw across his body: Great idea, or Greatest idea? Discuss.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, Charlie Batch is bad at football.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, Batch hit the guy holding the parabolic mic right in the numbers.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I cannot stress how big this day was for the Packers, primarily with the Bears losing. If Green Bay wins the division and becomes the #3, they have a very good road ahead, even with that crap defense. Vs. Seattle. At San Francisco. At Atlanta. Plus, they'll also have two opponents ahead of them (Chicago and, likely, Atlanta) to knock out the Giants.

Green Bay is an odd team in that they need warm and dry conditions to play at their peak. If San Francisco goes into a tailspin and loses the bye (and Green Bay gets it), I could see the 49ers with an easier time winning at Lambeau in January than at Candlestick in January.

I know it's just one loss but the 49ers Situation reminds me of Marty Schottenheimer and the Bono/Gannon issue in 1995 and Grbac/Gannon in 1997. Alex is the Bono/Grbac - the immobile quarterback - with Colin as the Gannon. Each year, in December, it was starting to get a little dicey with both QBs until, in the end, Marty didn't make a clear choice and the chemistry was wrecked.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

i can't wait til someone cheap shots Suh and he blows out his ACL

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If Indianapolis makes the playoffs --- and I'm not saying it will --- I hope it plays Denver so we can see Andrew Luck face Peyton Manning.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think they changed the rule a few years back when St. Brady was lost for the season in week one.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OK, I know the possibility of this happening is terribly small, but Adrian Peterson is having a stellar season and should get at least a few votes for MVP. Amazing recovery from a serious knee injury.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Dude. Number 5 doesn't get to play number 6.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Huh?

If you are talking seeds, Denver is on the verge of winning its division and would be a 2-4 seed.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Denver is a division champion and a guaranteed top-four. In fact if they set the playoffs today I think it would be Indy at Denver.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh Steelers are the most arrogant people to ever be associated with an organized sporting endeavor to think that Charlie Batch should be on a football field as a player

Draft saved Draft deleted