1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13: Time to wallow in the Mirer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Feel the fanboy flowing through you (and 'yab).

Sorry, but there are plenty of teams that can beat the Giants if both squads are at their best. Your boys are dangerous. No doubt about that. but every good team has days that it looks invincible.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Giants at their best against the 49ers at their best would be a game that every person over 40 would watch, misty-eyed, remembering how great things used to be when Jim Brown and Walter Payton and Bart Starr and Roger Staubach walked the Earth.

Except for the tattoos. Those fucking things would piss the same people off.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The daughter is in Nashville as part of her vacation and is going to the Texans/Titans game there tomorrow. I know the Titans suck, but what is up with the complete lack of support and/or Titans fans in that town? Is the hatred for Bub Adams even higher there than it is in Houston?

They are at a bar a few miles from the stadium at a Texans pep rally. The bar was passing out these flyers yesterday. She said they haven't seen a single Titans jersey.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Maybe Nashville wants to send the Titans back to Houston in exchange for the Texans. Then Bud Adams would insist on calling the team the "Tennessee Texans" for two seasons.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Percy Harvin again out for the Vikings vs. Green Bay on Sunday. Not so great.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Now that is just plain mean!

In reality, the bar has a pep rally for every visiting team. This wasn't special to the Texans.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Saints think about the GIants, and laugh.

8. LongTimeListener

Raiders owner Mark Davis aka Tommy Boy is not happy. Gave the coach an earful on the flight home last week and is continuing in the media. I'd give Dennis Allen less than a 50-50 chance of getting a second season.

"Last year at this time we were 7-4 and (ahead) in the division,'' Davis said, his exasperation evident. "Then we lost four out of our last five. And that's why I didn't fight for (former head coach) Hue Jackson to keep his job.
    "Well, we have five games to go. Who on this team wants me to fight for them to keep their job? Who among the players and coaches really wants to be here? Who wants me to fight to keep them here?''

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_22106298/poole-oakland-raiders-owner-mark-davis-airs-frustrations

McFadden still in shutdown mode and there are heavy rains in Oakland where the field is below sea level. I'd be surprised if the teams combine for 20 points today and I'd be just as surprised if the Raiders finish any better than 4-12.

9. LongTimeListener

LOLZ looks like Sanchez is benched ... for Greg McElroy. Tebow inactive today.

Jets are a professional franchise.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Just saw that that game was 3-0 in the fourth. Impressive.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Tebow feels like Wally Pipp without getting to play like Wally Pipp.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

An inactive Tebow is looking better than Sanchez at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted